3.05.2006

profound mommyblogging

an awesome post by Blog antagonist

It's all right here in front of me right now. This is what its all about. These kids are happy. They will grow up knowing they are somebody's sun and moon. They will bloom because they had everything they needed to nourish them heart and soul. They will know, now and forever, that they can do anything...Self-confidence. Check. Autonomy. Check.

I have been given a very short time in which I get to play the female lead in the lives of my boys. One day very soon it will be that cute girl with the dimples who sits next to him in class. Then it will be the one that takes his virginity, the one that bears him a child, the one with whom he chooses to grow old. My time is almost up, and I intend to make every moment count...Serial Killer avoidance protocol. Check.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and your readers should check out this terrific blog about motherhood and parenting.
It is kind of specialized -- the author writes about issues that involve herself, specifically mothers with only one eye. But I found her solitary insight refreshing.

Check her blog out at: www.mommyclops.com